Snow and Ice
Removal for Homeowners
Click here for
press release (pdf) regarding Private Well classes.
Click here for flyer (pdf)
regarding Private Well classes.
Click here for Rain Barrel Program Sales Brochure (pdf)
The mission of the Committee is to advocate groundwater protection practices
and procedures to municipal, county, state, and other local unit of government
throughout the Central Planning Region.
1. Provide education materials and programs regarding general groundwater
2. Promote the use of groundwater protection “tools” to county and other local
units of government that implement groundwater protection programs throughout
3. Assist the state jurisdictions in accomplishing specific regional groundwater
4. Provide a forum for the development of recommendations that address Committee
recognized regional protection needs.
ObjectivesMaintain an on-going general education
subcommittee to work with citizen groups, schools, governing agencies and other
interested parties on the importance of groundwater protection.
Promote the use of voluntary pollution
prevention programs for businesses and residences located within regulated
Work with County, Municipal, and other
special units of government to implement groundwater protection tools such as
Develop procedures that implement the
recommendation/petition process for establishing regional recharge areas.
- Local Zoning
Maximum Setback Zones
- Technology Control Regulations
- Defining Regulated Recharge Areas
- Act as a catalyst for implementation of groundwater
protection tools including meeting one on one with local officials and
- Conducting workshops for education and
- Develop and distribute a newsletter.
Annual self-evaluation review of program effectiveness.
- Evelyn Neavear, Chairperson
- (309)925-5511,ext. 250
- Postal address
- 21306 IL Route 9, Tremont, IL 61568
- Electronic mail
- Chairperson: firstname.lastname@example.org